FAMILIES • LOCALS • SAFETY
30 years of Serving, Supporting, & Helping Napa
My mission is to create conditions that allow you to be successful in Napa by serving, supporting and helping each of us experience fulfilling lives. Our City should work with and for all residents to help each one attain their personal goals. We ALL matter and as such, each of us deserve representation at every level. My life and actions speak loudly to this belief. Government in Napa should fully embrace:
- Commitment to residents
- Collaboration with all levels of government
- Compassion for those that need help
My vision is a community where all people can work and live to become their ‘best self’. Where each individual voice is heard. Each of us matter. Each is unique. Each is important.
Doris Gentry isn’t a polished politician and she isn’t being “sponsored” or supported by the political establishment. But she is a passionate leader who listens to the community & cares about people – and she won’t back down.
Make it easier to build Quality Affordable Housing
- I led efforts to create more workforce housing.
- We need to streamline construction/permitting processes so we can rebuild from the devastating wildfires.
- I will lead an effort to ensure jobs-housing balance
Oppose Tax Increases & Eliminate Wasteful Spending
- I oppose Prop 15 because it raises taxes on businesses already struggling from the Covid shutdowns.
- I opposed the luxury City Hall/Civic Center because we have more important priorities than nice offices for politicians
Improve Emergency Communication
- The Mayor should be taking the lead to ensure the public is informed about emergencies, ensuring accurate information and connecting people with resources to help them cope with and recover from disasters.
Increase Oversight of Massage Parlors to Reduce Prostitution & Human Trafficking
- I have fought to educate the public and support the victims of human trafficking.
- Requiring background checks and other common- sense solutions to prevent sexploitation and trafficking will mean fewer victims.
Defend don’t Defund our Police!
- Provide Resources for Deescalation Training.
- Expand Mental Health Resources.
Improve Parks & Create More Recreation for Napa families
- I opposed efforts to reduce Park staffing and resources.
- I support creating dog & pet-friendly parks.
- I will work to forge new partnerships with schools and businesses to provide more parks, recreation facilities, & shade structures for Napa families.
Make it easier for businesses to start, grow and create jobs
- I have built businesses, so I know the challenges they face.
- I will streamline processes so it will be easier to start, operate, and grow businesses.
- We need to attract green jobs with higher wages for our children and families.
- We need to diversify our economic base to make it more resilient.
Give residents more access to City Hall
- Will hold open “sidewalk” hours for citizens to share their concerns
- Will use technology for monthly townhall meetings
Over 30 years in Napa
Philanthropic and Board Member
Chair and board member of Napa Organizations who serve the voiceless. “Helping is not a word to Doris, it is the very WHO that she is.”
Business Leader and Teacher
Teaching and leading is woven into Gentry’s tapestry of life. In Napa, she has employed & taught thousands.
What makes us flow together? Our sense of vibrancy, our celebrations, our zest for life & living. Whether it’s holiday parades or downtown festivals, our sense of going, serving & doing is the key – and at the core is family.
Doris Gentry is at the heart of organizing & chairing events for the families of Napa to continue building upon an inclusive community that plays together and laughs often.
Doris Gentry wants to insure that Napa has welcoming neighborhoods for all people. She has spent 30 years helping Napa be accepting and embracing the unique tapestry that makes Napa what it is today.
Collaboration is the core of Doris Gentry, join our team today.
Safety = quality of life for families. There is no room for bullying or slander – we are all beautiful and made differently – embracing our uniqueness and cultures means accepting.
Doris Gentry believes in the value of keeping families and our community safe. She works tirelessly to help us achieve acceptance.
Countdown to the Election
November 3, 2020
You have time to start supporting Doris on her journey. Help make a difference!